1. producing offspring or set aside especially for producing offspring
- the breeding population
- retained a few bulls for breeding purposes
Similar word(s): fruitful
Sentences with breeding as an adjective:
- Your toothbrush is a breeding ground for bacteria.
1. elegance by virtue of fineness of manner and expression
2. the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior)
- a woman of breeding and refinement
3. helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community
4. the production of animals or plants by inbreeding or hybridization
5. the sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring
Sentences with breeding as a noun:
- Your dog has had good breeding.
1. present participle of breed
- Through genetic manipulation and harsh training, I am breeding a species of super-dogs to take over the world.