1. a special variety of domesticated animals within a species
- he experimented on a particular breed of white rats
2. a special type
- Google represents a new breed of entrepreneurs
Sentences with breed as a noun:
- a breed of tulip
- a breed of animal
- People who were taught classical Greek and Latin at school are a dying breed.
1. call forth
2. copulate with a female, used especially of horses
Similar word(s): cover
3. cause to procreate (animals)
- She breeds dogs
4. have young (animals) or reproduce (organisms)
- pandas rarely breed in captivity
Similar word(s): multiply
Sentences with breed as a verb:
- a pond breeds fish; a northern country breeds stout men
- She wanted to breed her cow to the neighbor's registered bull.
- He tries to breed blue roses.
- disaster breeds famine;