1. Of the colour of brass.
2. (informal) Impertinent, bold: brazen.
3. (slang) Bad, annoying; as wordplay applied especially to brass instruments.
4. Of inferior composition.
5. (slang) Brass monkey; cold.
1. an alloy of copper and zinc
Definition categories: substance
2. a wind instrument that consists of a brass tube (usually of variable length) that is blown by means of a cup-shaped or funnel-shaped mouthpiece
Definition categories: man–made, wind
3. the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something
4. impudent aggressiveness
5. an ornament or utensil made of brass
6. the section of a band or orchestra that plays brass instruments
7. a memorial made of brass
Similar word(s): plaque
Sentences with brass as a noun:
- brass colour:
- The brass are not going to like this.
- The brass is not going to like this.
- You've got a lot of brass telling me to do that!
1. to coat with brass