1. a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
2. the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Sentences with bottleneck as a noun:
- It is easy to create entries; processing the paperwork is the bottleneck.
- The bottleneck in this computer program is the inefficient sorting process; we should replace it with a faster one.
1. slow down or impede by creating an obstruction
- His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system
2. become narrow, like a bottleneck
- Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks
Sentences with bottleneck as a verb:
- The merge bottlenecked the traffic every morning.
- The traffic bottlenecked at the merge every morning.