1. exceptionally good
- a boss hand at carpentry
Sentences with boss as an adjective:
- Don't you think surfing's boss?
1. a person who exercises control over workers
2. a person responsible for hiring workers
- the boss hired three more men for the new job
Similar word(s): hirer
3. a person who exercises control and makes decisions
- he is his own boss now
4. a leader in a political party who controls votes and dictates appointments
- party bosses have a reputation for corruption
5. a circular rounded projection or protuberance
Similar word(s): knob
Definition categories: man–made, projection
Sentences with boss as a noun:
- Chat turned to whisper when the boss entered the conference room.
- My boss complains that I'm always late to work.
- They named him boss because he had good leadership skills.
- He is the Republican boss in Kentucky.
- Yes, boss.
- There's no olive oil, will sunflower oil do? — I'll have to run that by the boss.