1. That boils or boil.
- boiling kettle
- boiling oil
2. (of a thing, informal, hyperbolic) Extremely hot or active.
- The radiator is boiling – I'm going to turn it down a bit.
3. (of a person, informal, hyperbolic) Feeling uncomfortably hot.
- I'm boiling – can't we open a window?
4. (of the weather, hyperbolic) Very hot.
- It's boiling out today!
- boiling mad
Sentences with boiling as an adverb:
- He was boiling mad.
1. the application of heat to change something from a liquid to a gas
2. cooking in a liquid that has been brought to a boil
1. present participle of boil