1. An incident of bleeding, as in haemophilia.
2. (printing) A narrow edge around a page layout, to be printed but cut off afterwards (added to allow for slight misalignment, especially with pictures that should run to the edge of the finished sheet).
3. (sound recording) The situation where sound is picked up by a microphone from a source other than that which is intended.
1. lose blood from one's body
Similar word(s): hemorrhage
2. draw blood
3. get or extort (money or other possessions) from someone
4. be diffused
Similar word(s): run
5. drain of liquid or steam
- bleed the radiators
Sentences with bleed as a verb:
- If her nose bleeds try to use ice.
- The company was bleeding talent.
- A tree or a vine bleeds when tapped or wounded.
- Labialization bleeds palatalization.