1. (archaic) Pale; bleak.
1. the whiteness that results from removing the color from something
- a complete bleach usually requires several applications
2. an agent that makes things white or colorless
Similar word(s): whitener
3. the act of whitening something by bleaching it (exposing it to sunlight or using a chemical bleaching agent)
1. remove color from
- The sun bleached the red shirt
2. make whiter or lighter
- bleach the laundry
Sentences with bleach as a verb:
- Once coral bleaching begins, corals tend to continue to bleach even if the stressor is removed.