1. broad in scope or content
- blanket sanctions against human-rights violators
Sentences with blanket as an adjective:
- They sought to create a blanket solution for all situations.
- a blanket ban
1. bedding that keeps a person warm in bed
Similar word(s): cover
2. anything that covers
- there was a blanket of snow
Similar word(s): mantle
3. a layer of lead surrounding the highly reactive core of a nuclear reactor
Sentences with blanket as a noun:
- The baby was cold, so his mother put a blanket over him.
- The city woke under a thick blanket of fog.
- A press operator must carefully wash the blanket whenever changing a plate.