1. expletives used informally as intensifiers
- it's a blamed shame
- a blame cold winter
1. an accusation that you are responsible for some lapse or misdeed
- the police laid the blame on the driver
2. a reproach for some lapse or misdeed
- he took the blame for it
Similar word(s): rap
Sentences with blame as a noun:
- Blame came from all directions.
- The blame for starting the fire lies with the arsonist.
- They accepted the blame, but it was an accident.
1. put or pin the blame on
Similar word(s): fault
2. harass with constant criticism
Similar word(s): pick
3. attribute responsibility to
- We blamed the accident on her
Similar word(s): charge
Sentences with blame as a verb:
- The arsonist was blamed for the fire.