1. (informal) Dull; uninteresting; insipid.
- Well, the new restaurant seems nice, but their menu is a little blah.
2. (informal) Low in spirit or health; down.
- I decided to go exercise rather than sit around all day feeling blah.
1. An expression of mild frustration.
- Blah! Why can't I get this computer to work!
2. (When spoken repeatedly, often three times in succession: blah blah blah!) Imitative of idle, meaningless talk; used sometimes in a slightly derogatory manner to mock or downplay another's words, or to show disinterest in a diatribe, rant, instructions, unsolicited advice, parenting, etc. Also used when recalling and retelling another's words, as a substitute for the portions of the speech deemed irrelevant.
- Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah, Mom, you said this all yesterday.
- And then he was like, "Oh, my brother's an Internet millionaire, blah blah blah." Like I care!
3. Representing the sound of vomiting. See bleah, bleh.
1. pompous or pretentious talk or writing
1. (intransitive) To utter idle, meaningless talk.