1. fixed in your purpose
- bent on going to the theater
Similar word(s): resolute
2. used of the back and knees; stooped
- with bent (or bended) back
3. of metal e.g.
- bent nails
Sentences with bent as an adjective:
- He was bent on going to Texas, but not even he could say why.
- They were bent on mischief.
- That shot was so bent it left the pitch.
- Man, I am so bent right now!
1. a relatively permanent inclination to react in a particular way
Similar word(s): set
2. grass for pastures and lawns especially bowling and putting greens
3. an area of grassland unbounded by fences or hedges
4. a special way of doing something
- he had a bent for it
Sentences with bent as a noun:
- He had a natural bent for painting.
- His mind was of a technical bent.
1. simple past tense and past participle of bend