1. in or to a place that is lower
Similar word(s): beneath
2. (in writing) at a later place
- see below
Similar word(s): infra
3. on a floor below
Similar word(s): downstairs
4. further down
Similar word(s): under
Sentences with below as an adverb:
- the landlubbers lying down below
1. Lower in spatial position than.
- The treasure is buried two meters below the surface.
2. Lower in value, price, rank or concentration than.
- The temperature is below zero.
3. Downstream of.
4. South of.
5. Unsuitable to the rank or dignity of; beneath.
- Such petty behavior is below me.
6. (stage directions) Downstage of.