1. any cognitive content held as true
2. a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
- it strengthened my belief in his sincerity
Sentences with belief as a noun:
- Her belief is that this is/is not the case.
- My belief is that there is a bear in the woods. Bill said he saw one.
- Based on this data, it is our belief that X does not occur.
- The ancient people have a belief in many deities.
- My belief that it will rain tomorrow is strong.
- She often said it was her belief that carried her through the hard times.
- I can't do that. It's against my beliefs.