1. Being a bovine animal that is being raised for its meat.
- We bought three beef calves this morning.
2. Producing or known for raising lots of beef.
- beef farms
- beef country
3. Consisting of or containing beef as an ingredient.
- beef stew
1. cattle that are reared for their meat
2. meat from an adult domestic bovine
3. informal terms for objecting
Sentences with beef as a noun:
- I love eating beef.
- lean finely textured beef
- boneless lean beef trimmings
- He has a beef with anyone who tells him otherwise.
- He has beef with anyone who tells him otherwise.
- Put some beef into it! We've got to get the car over the bump.
- We've got to get some beef into the enforcement provisions of that law.
- The beef of his paper was a long rant about government.
Sentences with beef as a verb:
- Since you stopped running, you are really beefing out.
- Ugh, who just beefed in here?
- Those two are beefing right now - best you stay out of it for now.
- David was beefing last night after Ruth told him off