1. (baseball) a ballplayer who is batting
2. a liquid or semiliquid mixture, as of flour, eggs, and milk, used in cooking
Sentences with batter as a noun:
- To the dismay of his mother, the boy put his finger into the cake batter.
- When he went on a batter, he became very violent.
- Hydroseeding of unvegetated batters is planned.
- The first batter hit the ball into the corner for a double.
1. strike against forcefully
Similar word(s): buffet
2. strike violently and repeatedly
3. make a dent or impression in
Similar word(s): dinge
Sentences with batter as a verb:
- He battered his wife with a walking stick.
- I prefer it when they batter the cod with breadcrumbs.
- Leeds United battered Charlton 7-0.
- That cocktails will batter you!
- I was battered last night on our pub crawl.