1. a container that is usually woven and has handles
Similar word(s): handbasket
Definition categories: man–made, container
2. the quantity contained in a basket
Similar word(s): basketful
3. horizontal circular metal hoop supporting a net through which players try to throw the basketball
Similar word(s): hoop
Definition categories: man–made, goal
4. a score in basketball made by throwing the ball through the hoop
Sentences with basket as a noun:
- A basket of fake fruit adorned the table.
- The point guard drove toward the basket.
- The last-second basket sealed the victory.
- Let's play some basket.
1. To place in a basket or in baskets.