1. having a base
- firmly based ice
- The ladder is based on the even sidewalk for stability.
Similar word(s): supported
2. having a base of operations (often used as a combining form)
- a locally based business
- an Atlanta-based company
- carrier-based planes
Similar word(s): settled
Sentences with based as an adjective:
- That was a soundly based argument.
- So a based dude like Hotwheels doing what he does with what he has and going conservative real talk on them makes the blood boilcurdle.
- The based owner of this site doesn't tell reasons why he bans users.
1. simple past tense and past participle of base
2. Being derived from (usually followed by on or upon).
- It's a new film based on a best-selling novel.
3. Having a base
4. Having a base of operations.
- The company is based in New York.