1. someone who stands in front of a show (as at a carnival) and gives a loud colorful sales talk to potential customers
2. informal terms for dogs
Sentences with barker as a noun:
- My neighbor's dog is a constant barker that keeps me awake at night.
- Bob had amassed a considerable stockpile of double entendres from his days working as a barker for a strip joint.
- The barker mode of the arcade video game convinced the teenager to spend a quarter.
- The profession of barker has been made largely obsolete by the introduction of more effective tanning agents, but it lives on as a surname.
- Run these logs through the barker so we can use them as fence posts.