1. completely unclothed
- bare bodies
2. lacking in magnitude or quantity
- a bare livelihood
3. not having a protective covering
- a bare blade
Similar word(s): unsheathed
4. lacking its natural or customary covering
- a bare hill
- bare feet
5. just barely adequate or within a lower limit
- a bare majority
6. apart from anything else; without additions or modifications
- only the bare facts
7. lacking a surface finish such as paint
- bare wood
8. providing no shelter or sustenance
- bare rocky hills
9. having everything extraneous removed including contents
- the bare walls
- the cupboard was bare
10. lacking embellishment or ornamentation
Sentences with bare as an adjective:
- Don't show your bare backside in public.
- a room bare of furniture
- The walls of this room are bare — why not hang some paintings on them?
- The trees were left bare after the swarm of locusts devoured all the leaves.
- It's bare money to get in the club each time, man.
1. (Britain, slang) Very; significantly.
- This porno's bare whack, bruv.
3. Without a condom
1. (‘the bare’) the surface, the (bare) skin
2. Surface; body; substance.
3. (architecture) That part of a roofing slate, shingle, tile, or metal plate, which is exposed to the weather.