1. a roll of currency notes (often taken as the resources of a person or business etc.)
Similar word(s): roll
Sentences with bankroll as a noun:
- Phil kept his bankroll in his front pocket, as it made too much of a lump to sit on.
- Microsoft is a corporation with an extremely large bankroll.
1. provide with sufficient funds; finance
- Who will bankroll the restoration of the former East German economy?
Sentences with bankroll as a verb:
- Professor Stebbins didn't need to apply for government grants because his lab was bankrolled by a large pharmaceutical corporation.