1. jewelry worn around the wrist for decoration
Similar word(s): bracelet
2. cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing
Definition categories: man–made, adornment
1. (transitive, obsolete) to beat about or beat down, as corn by the wind.
2. (obsolete or dialectal) to waste away little by little; squander carelessly; fritter (away).
- If we bangle away the legacy of peace left us by Christ, it is a sign of our want of regard for him. — Duty of Man.
3. (intransitive) (falconry) to beat about in the air; flutter: said of a hawk which does not rise steadily and then swoop down upon its prey.
4. (intransitive) to flap or hang down loosely, as a hat brim or an animal's ear.