1. Representing a loud noise or heavy impact.
- The wind knocked the tree over last night. Bam! It nearly scared me to death.
2. Representing a sudden or abrupt occurrence.
- She said she dumped him. Now — bam! — they're back together.
1. an ancient city in southeastern Iran; destroyed by an earthquake in 2003
Definition categories: location
2. a sudden very loud noise
1. (obsolete, slang, slang, archaic) To impose on (someone) by a falsehood; to cheat.
2. (slang, archaic) To jeer or make fun of.