1. a flat plate that controls or directs the flow of fluid or energy
Definition categories: man–made, plate
Sentences with baffle as a noun:
- Tanker trucks use baffles to keep the liquids inside from sloshing around.
1. be a mystery or bewildering to
2. hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
3. restrain the emission of (sound, fluid, etc.)
Similar word(s): regulate
Sentences with baffle as a verb:
- I am baffled by the contradictions and omissions in the instructions.
- A ship baffles with the winds.