1. a document giving an official instruction or command
Similar word(s): mandate
2. the power or right to give orders or make decisions
- deputies are given authorization to make arrests
3. official permission or approval
4. the act of conferring legality or sanction or formal warrant
Similar word(s): empowerment
Sentences with authorization as a noun:
- I've got authorization. Call the office and you'll see.
- Can I see your authorization?
- We've had the authorization for years, but we've never gotten an appropriation.