1. relating to or befitting athletics or athletes
- athletic facilities
2. vigorously active
- an athletic child
- athletic playing
3. having a sturdy and well proportioned body
- an athletic build
Sentences with athletic as an adjective:
- Are you a member of the American Athletic Association?
- Since you're such an athletic person, you may wish to consider joining.
- You have such an athletic build—you must work out regularly.
- The center fielder made an athletic play to snatch the ball from over the fence.