1. completing its life cycle within a year
- a border of annual flowering plants
2. occurring or payable every year
- an annual trip to Paris
- annual (or yearly) income
Sentences with annual as an adjective:
- an annual general meeting;
- an annual salary;
1. (botany) a plant that completes its entire life cycle within the space of a year
2. a reference book that is published regularly once every year
Sentences with annual as a noun:
- I read the magazine, but I usually don't purchase the annuals.
- I can't wait to plant my annuals in the spring.