1. elevation especially above sea level or above the earth's surface
- the altitude gave her a headache
Similar word(s): height
2. the perpendicular distance from the base of a geometric figure to the opposite vertex (or side if parallel)
3. angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
Similar word(s): elevation
Definition categories: link
Sentences with altitude as a noun:
- As the altitude increases, the temperature gets lower, so remember to bring warm clothes to the mountains.
- The perpendicular height of a triangle is known as its altitude.