1. of or pertaining to an agnostic or agnosticism
2. uncertain of all claims to knowledge
Sentences with agnostic as an adjective:
- His agnostic viewpoint is summarized in his book.
- She left the church when she became agnostic.
- The socket communications layer is agnostic with regard to its underlying transport mechanism -- it is “transport-agnostic”.
- I'm agnostic on whether ethanol is a green fuel
- He says he's agnostic concerning the Secretary's claims.
1. someone who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
Similar word(s): doubter
2. a person who claims that they cannot have true knowledge about the existence of God (but does not deny that God might exist)
Definition categories: person