1. alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard
- Adjust the clock, please
2. place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight
3. adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions
- We must adjust to the bad economic situation
Definition categories: change
4. make correspondent or conformable
- Adjust your eyes to the darkness
5. decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
Sentences with adjust as a verb:
- Morimoto's recipes are adjusted to suit the American palate.
- He adjusted his initial conclusion to reflect the new data.
- Most immigrants adjust quickly to a new community.