1. the act of contracting or assuming or acquiring possession of something
- the acquisition of wealth
- the acquisition of one company by another
2. something acquired
- a recent acquisition by the museum
Definition categories: possession
3. the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge
- the child's acquisition of language
Similar word(s): learning
Definition categories: thought
4. an ability that has been acquired by training
Sentences with acquisition as a noun:
- The acquisition of sports equipment can be fun in itself.
- That graphite tennis racquet is quite an acquisition.