1. the right to enter
2. the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
3. a way of entering or leaving
- he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge
Similar word(s): approach
Definition categories: man–made, way
4. a code (a series of characters or digits) that must be entered in some way (typed or dialed or spoken) to get the use of something (a telephone line or a computer or a local area network etc.)
5. (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
Definition categories: man–made, operation
6. the act of approaching or entering
- he gained access to the building
1. obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
2. reach or gain access to
- How does one access the attic in this house?
Sentences with access as a verb:
- I can't access most of the data on the computer without a password.