1. the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed
- I wasted a year of my life working on an abort
- he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area
Sentences with abort as a noun:
- We've had aborts on three of our last seven launches.
- We've had three aborts over the last two days.
1. terminate before completion
- abort the mission
- abort the process running on my computer
2. cease development, die, and be aborted
- an aborting fetus
3. terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion